Sunday, July 17, 2011

1 M mark


I'm no electronics expert, but sales of one million phones in about two months impresses me.  put that time period (green bar) next to the reported six months (blue bar) it took the g1 to get to a million, and it seems pretty clear (to me, at least) which device was more popular at its time of launch.

while I was looking around for the announced sales figures, I found an article that mentioned an online news site that had mistakenly stated that apple expected to sell 200,000 units a day, rather than the 20,000 they actually expected to move.  I haven't done any work to verify these claims, or read the follow-up articles where the 200,000 figure was retracted (i.e. this is a disclaimer to say that I really have no idea what I'm writing about right here), but as an individual whose job revolves around getting numbers right, I do know that whoever it was that published those numbers had some bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment